March 9, 2020 • Hunt Valley, MD
November 16, 2020 • Scottsdale, AZ
For any surplus lines manager who wants to become a more effective leader and strengthen coaching ability to ultimately improve team performance
About the Program
Participants receive customized sales coaching training geared specifically to transacting business in the surplus lines market. Any professional who leads a team of professionals responsible for revenue or premium production will benefit from this program. Coaching and improving the performance of a team is the secret of sales success, and it is the most important job of a sales manager. Effective Coaching participants will work in real-life scenarios, impacting both brokers and underwriters, with role-playing opportunities to develop an approach that helps their team members take responsibility for their success. They will develop an enhanced understanding of the differences between managing and coaching and how to help their team members develop specific, measurable objectives using metrics that assess where performance is compared to those goals.
Learn more about Effective Coaching in the informational program brochure
Who Should Attend
Any surplus lines manager who leads a team of professionals responsible for revenue or premium production and desires to improve the performance of that team.
- The program is ideal for both WSIA wholesale broker and company member employees.
- Managers whose team members have completed WSIA's Consultative Selling and Negotiations will find this program of particular interest.
Registration and Fees
- Registration for the 2020 Effective Coaching program in Hunt Valley, MD is now closed. If you are interested in attending the November 2020 program and would like to be notified in advance when registration opens, please click here.
- Registration is $1,045 per participant.
- Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the participant.
- Contact Denise Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any program questions or to be notified when future program registration opens.
What Alumni Have To Say
Watch a short video to hear what your colleagues have to say about their personal experiences at Effective Coaching.
“Anyone can read a book on coaching – which I have – but role playing and practicing with partners made the content more memorable and realistic to put into practice. The content is very organized, and you leave prepared to coach right away.”
Rob Aheart, RT Specialty
“Working through actual real-life situations with the group and the instructor helped me take the concepts I was learning and figure out exactly how I can put them into practice. It was very beneficial to have other people's perspectives.”
Rachel Pagliarulo, General Star
“The [Richardson SkillGaugeTM assessment test] was a very humbling yet positive experience. It is good to look in the mirror through the lens of your team and learn their perception of you as a coach. This class provided that input in addition to providing the tools on how to achieve more effective coaching sessions with your team to get improved results!”
Barbara Simpson, Russell Bond
Schedule of Events
|7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 a.m. - Noon
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 - 4:15 p.m.
All Risks, Ltd.
10150 York Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Participants should schedule travel to arrive on-site before 8:00 a.m. and depart the training location after 4:15 p.m.
Effective Coaching Cancellation Policy
- Registrants can receive a full refund, less a $50 fee for processing, if the request is made by January 14.
- Registrants can receive a 50% refund between January 15 and February 11.
- No refund is offered after February 11.
- All requests must be made in writing to Denise Marshall, email@example.com.