|Brenda (Ballard) Austenfeld
The NAPSLO Education Committee is committed to providing high quality excess and surplus lines educational offerings that meet the professional development needs of NAPSLO members and associated industry constituents throughout their careers while also meeting the education curriculum mission.
NAPSLO members who would like more information about the full-slate of education courses for new and seasoned E&S professionals should visit the NAPSLO Education website
2016-2017 Committee Members
Nancy Alonso, Colony Specialty
David Archiable, Great American Insurance Group
Dawn Brost, Maxum Indemnity Company
Michael Brown, Golden Bear Insurance Company
Danielle Crapanzano, Fairmont Specialty Insurance Mgrs. Agency
Shawn Danhouser, Markel Wholesale
Paul Dastis, Navigators Management Co.
Cara Delestienne, USG Insurance Services, Inc.
Benjamin Delinski, Vela Insurance Services
Erin Dolan, RSUI
Rich Fidei, Greenberg Traurig
Nir Gabay, Admiral Insurance Company
Felix Ganz, Couch Braunsdorf Insurance Group
Stephanie Geraghty, Vela Insurance Services
Allison Grant, Liberty Mutual Equipment Breakdown
Glenn Hargrove, All Risks, Ltd.
Jeff Henry, AmWINS Brokerage
Wendy Houser, Markel Wholesale
Eric Huntley, Bass Underwriters
Jason Kunert, Nationwide E&S/Specialty
Shawn Makowski, Benchmark Management Group
Phillip McCrorie, RSUI
Shaun Olsson, Northern States Agency, Inc.
Cole Palmer, General Star
Jeffrey Petigrow, Swett & Crawford - New York
Kandis Pinkstaff, Maximum Tampa
Lora Robbins, All Risks, Ltd.
Mike Shannon, TriFit Business Development
Adam Sills, CapSpecialty
Rodney Smith, Lloyd's Atlanta
Marguerite Swellie, USG Insurance Services
Dee Torgerson Rismyhr, First Specialty/Swiss Re
Kris Zebratski, LSI Insurance Services, Inc.
Committee Staff Support
2016-2017 Committee Goals & Action Items
- Establish and enhance a subgroup framework for the Education Committee to increase engagement related to the Education Strategic Plan.
- Successfully deliver NAPSLO on-site programs including E&S, Advanced E&S, Management, Consultative Selling Skills and Executive Leadership Summit.
- Augment marketing efforts to increase participation in NAPSLO online programs conducted in partnership with The Institutes, Success CE and the NAIC. This includes evaluating and enhancing program content and delivery.
- Work with the Panelists/Faculty Recruiting Subgroup to ensure the continuity and excellence of NAPSLO programs through active recruitment of new and qualified panelists and faculty members and the development of a succession plan for instructors.
- Work with the Marketing and Outreach Subgroup to continue to enrich ongoing marketing and branding of NAPSLO Education Programs. This will focus on raising awareness of education programs with members and increasing interest in those programs, particularly the Executive Leadership Summit.
- Work with the Issues, Emerging Topics and Trends Subgroup to be aware of curriculum ideas and content that should be considered for any of NAPSLO's Education Programs.
- Work with the State Scholarship Subgroup to operate and maintain the established schedule of state scholarship distribution and liaise with state agencies responsible for selecting scholarship recipients.
- Work with the Consultative Selling Skills Subgroup to identify potential member hosts for 2017, review hosting guidelines, audit one program per year and provide feedback on process improvements.
- Conduct initial research into the need for and cost and purpose of a NAPSLO online learing management system.
Committee materials are available through the NAPSLO mobile app for Committee members.